I thought Cole was getting over the worst of his cold. He was back to sleeping in his crib, only getting up a few times at night (which is still good for him). Last night he woke up every hour. Around 3am I decided to feed him because he hasn't been eating much lately. After eating, he kept spitting his binki out. I figured he just wanted to play so I put him in his crib and decided it was time to let him fuss for a bit because mama was tired. Only problem is, he never really went back to sleep.
Jared and I caught Cole's cold, so we are both super congested. Jared was ready to get up for the day because he couldn't breath so he couldn't sleep. I let Cole cry for a few, went in, laid him down, kissed him then walked out. I kept doing this over and over and he kept getting more and more upset. Very unlike him. He usually calms down after a while. I finally had Jared bring him to me in bed, but he just kept crying. I had Jared take him downstairs to play himself to sleep.
After 20 minutes of listening to him cry, I went down to see what was going on. He never calmed down. I knew he was exhausted so I took him back to his room to rock and try to get him to sleep. He cried for about 15 minutes before he gave in and fell asleep. The second I put him in his crib he woke up screaming. I picked him up and rocked him some more, with quite a bit more crying. When he was out cold, I brought him to bed with me. Again he woke up and cried, but eventually fell asleep on me for an hour.
Around 7am he woke up. Jared came and got him, only problem was...he continued crying again. So I got out of bed to see if I could help. NOTHING was working, he was just crying and crying and breaking my heart. I knew something wasn't right! We finally distracted him enough he stopped crying. So I took this opportunity to try and get him down for a nap. He slept for about 45 minutes then woke up screaming again and wouldn't stop.
At this point, I knew we needed to go to Urgent Care. Of course it was Sunday and this was our only option. We get there and they didn't open for another hour so we just drove around and he fell asleep again. We got to U.C. 15 min after it opened and the waiting room was already full:( BUT, we ended up only being there 1.5 hours. I was very proud of Cole. He did so good sitting there, even though he REALLY wanted to get down.
Once the dr checked him out, sure enough he had a double ear infection. Poor baby cannot get a break this winter!! I'm so ready for spring/summer! So Jared is at the pharmacy getting his script and he is actually sleeping in his crib (going on 2 hrs!!). So hopefully we all get a good nights sleep and he starts feeling better asap!
No comments:
Post a Comment