Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

We survived another....

We survived another cold at the Love house:( Poor Cole woke up 2 Friday's ago every 30-45 minutes. I couldn't figure out what was going on until I listened to him and he was so congested. So I got the boogie sucker out and started our snot sucking routine. Although this time, nothing helped him. He was up so much, I ended up bringing him downstairs to our rocker. When I couldn't sleep in that I brought him to bed with me. For a whole week he slept with me. Longest.Week.Ever! I ended up taking him to the pedi on Monday because he kept waking up gasping and gagging and his little voice was so hoarse. Luckily, when he was awake, he was a happy boy. The pedi said it was ALL in his throat and to give him benadryl and keep him comfortable.

Well, for most children benadryl makes them sleepy. My child is not most children apparently:( I'm not going to lie, I saw a light at the end of the tunnel thinking something might help him sleep through this. NOPE! Luckily I tested it during the day. I figured since we were home together and I could cuddle him all day that sleep is what he needed. Made him wound. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating, but it definitely did not make him tired.

So Monday night, I was up all night with the stomach flu. Luckily I was only extremely nauseous. I woke up Tuesday with a fever feeling horrible. Jared couldn't miss any work because of a big project. I could only lay on the couch. I felt awful. I napped when Cole napped and counted down the seconds until Jared got home so I could go curl up in bed. I don't know how single parents do it. Thank goodness it was only a 24 hr bug.

So, Jared then caught Cole's cold and Wed night I slept between 2 snoring boys who were so congested they couldn't breath through their mouth:( All during this snotty, icky time, our dryer decided to stop working so we couldn't do laundry. What a week!! I know things could have been way worse, but they still sucked for us.

So that's where I have been. Cole still has a little cough, but is pretty good. Oh, did I mention that he was also working on getting his top 2 teeth all during this ordeal. Ugh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment