Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

14 Weeks

As my Dr said, I am "officially in the 2nd trimester." WAHOO!!! I made it:) This week has been a great Baby Love week. I have felt good, other then being super tired! I am starting to get more comments on my up and coming bump. And I got to hear Baby Love's heartbeat. *sigh* The.Best.Sound.So.Far!!

So I was anxiously awaiting our appointment Tuesday morning. I had dreams that horrible things happened when I went in. We got there and waited forever. When they had us go back I didn't have to strip down for once. The nurse came in with the doppler and immediately found the heart beat. It was an amazing whoosh whoosh. Baby Love's heart beat was a "great" 150 beats per minute. Instead of the normal person who cries when they hear it, I giggled the whole time.

Unfortunately I have a lovely bladder infection, which they put me on antibiotics for. I had a suspicion I had one, so I asked them to test. Sure enough, results were clear as day. BUT.... we did schedule our BIG ultrasound where we find out whether Baby Love is a Princess or Football player:) We scheduled it for September 28. That's the day before our 2 year anniversary. My mom is coming with us, so I am taking the day off work so we can go shopping afterwards. Baby Love, please cooperate for mama.... she is really looking forward to this.

So today, one of the duty aides came up to me at lunch and asked if I was expecting. Jared said I should have said "expecting what??" Of course I didn't, and told them I was. She said they had all been talking about it, but everyone was afraid to ask in case I wasn't:) So I guess I am showing more then I thought. That made me excited.

Jared and I have really been talking about the H1N1 shot since I work at a school. I am really too nervous to get it since there is no research on the effects it has on the fetus. I hate not knowing how it could one day effect our child. Scary!! We decided that I am not going to get it, and if the flu season is rampant then I will just have to quit early. I would rather not make money then take the chance of getting really sick.

How far along? 14 weeks 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: Officially gained 6 pounds. YIKES:(
Maternity clothes? Yup
Sleep: I am in bed by 9pm if not earlier since I don't get my naps anymore.
Best moment this week: Hearing Baby Loves hearbeat
Movement: None yet... can't wait!!
Gender: Still have no clue. Survey needs more votes though:)
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? In... way in
What I miss: Not eating everything in sight:)
What I am looking forward to: Finding out what baby love is on Sept 28
Weekly Wisdom: It's ok to go to bed at 7:30 if your tired! Baby Love needs me to get all the rest I can now:)
Milestones: I Reaching 2nd trimester. The doctor told me the baby is fully formed! Now all they have to do is grow, grow, grow!! Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment